Sunday 22 May 2011

Shiny vs. Matte Striped Nails

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is having a chillaxed Sunday...Umm, I love lazy Sundays :-)

Today I wanted to show you a sort of stripe mani which was inspired by Jane at nailside. Her mummy nails look really pretty and this was my first time doing one so it was also a bit of an experiment :-)

I started off with a dark purple and a pale lilac on the ring finger:


I used OPI - You don't know Jaques over the scotch tape to create the stripes. In retrospect , probably not the best choice of contrasting colour. My stripe widths are also not very uniform, next time I'll do better :-)
Also, on the pinky finger, I tried to mix You Don't Know Jacques with Lucky Lucky Lavender and look what happened...lol !!



I have also recently bought a matte top coat and thought I'd try it on this mani:

I had to apply 2 coats of regular top coat before the matte because it smudges like there's no tomorrow !! It still smudged a little and left some streaks.

Products used:
* Miss Sporty - sorry, bottle has no colour name
* OPI - Lucky Lucky Lavender
* OPI - You Don't Know Jacques!
* Claire's - Matt Top Coat
I like stripey manis a lot and will be giving these another go - with different colours obviously =D

xoxo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...