Thursday 19 May 2011

Ahoy Captain !!!!! - Nautical themed nails

This summer, Nautical is in again. It has been around for seasons and is sailing right into 2011..lol !!! Well, at least for me it is... I love myself a nice blue stripped or anchor t-shirt, little sailing boat pics and the red, white and blue colour combo :-)

Check out this cute outfit:
Picture taken from Polyvore

I probably wouldn't wear heavy nautical nails with a totally nautical outfit (a bit ott or what??) but I would definitely keep it within the colour scheme.


Sorry, my hands were a bit shaky drawing the white stripes. Too much coffee, not enough sleep.

I love this matte Orly Blue Suede. My favourite out of the Orly Matte Couture Collection.
It reminds me of a blue dusty eggshell surface and although its a matte, I could swear I saw a hint of sheen to it !!! Its opaque enough for 1 coat which is what I applied but a 2nd coat would do no harm, since you can't use a topcoat. It also dries twice as fast as regular polish which is always a bonus :-)


Products used:
* Orly - Blue Suede
* OPI - Alpine Snow
* Red & White Nail Art Pen & Brush
* Rhinestones

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow that's an impressive manicure :-)
    I gave you an award on my blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura. I've never really received an award before. I'll be sure to pass it onto 3 other bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice blog!! I am following you! Checkout my blog!

    http://beingpretty-anindiangirlsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute! Love it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning !
    I L.O.V.E anchors ! :)
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...