Saturday, 1 October 2011
Nfu Oh 64 - On the fence!!!
I don't think there are any bloggers out there who don't own or have tried the Nfu Oh holos, especially #61 which seems to be the most coveted and I know different people have had different experiences with these holos, but here is what I thought:
- The holo finish in direct sunlight is really impressive and beautiful
- My top coat didn't dull out the holo effect (CND Speedey)
- Application was a bit patchy. I don't have the Aqua Base and wouldn't buy it just for these holos but found that using a base coat (CND Stickey) made it even worse so I used no base coat at all on my left hand
- Colour is very dull and disappointing in indoor lighting. Actually, one of the flattest polishes I've seen in a while
- Didn't get much wear out of it. Major tip wear and chipped on the 2nd day even with a top coat!
My bottom Line:
I absolutely love the concentrated linear effect and the colour but can't get past how dull it looks when there is no sun (which is most of the time in the UK), to the point where I actually get disappointed when I look at my nails. The crappy wear does it no favours either... BUT... did I mention I love the holo effect?! So...as you can tell, I'm on the fence with this one!