Friday 21 October 2011

Glossy Box - October

This is my first ever GlossyBox. Yay!! I decided to join the GlossyBox monthly subscription instead of the Budoir Prive after reading quite a lot of comparisons of them on other blogs. The box actually arrived promptly on Tuesday, a day after the Glossy Box team sent me an e-mail to say it had been posted but it was at my mum's house where I get all my packages sent to. Speaking of packages, I love the way it's packaged, all wrapped up so neat and chic. The box itself is a keeper!

For anyone who doesn't know about GlossyBox, in a nutshell it's a monthly subscription service which you aren't tied into and can be cancelled anytime. It costs £12.95 (£10 for the box and £2.95 for postage). Each box contains 5 luxury miniature products from generally well known brands (I think the October box has 6 products because it's their 6 month anniversary). The cost of the contents usually outweighs the cost of the actual box which makes it worth your money. In this box, the Leighton Denny nail polish alone is worth £11. My husband did the maths for me and all the samples and full sized products together are supposedly worth £51.30!! Wow!!

It's always fun having a little box of surprises arriving at your door every month :)


* Dermalogica Age Smart MultiVitamin Thermafoliant
* Dermalogica Age Smart MultiVitamin Power Recover Masque
* Leighton Denny Expert Nails Colour and Care in Babydoll 
* Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Moray
* Robert Piguet perfume samples (3x)
* Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex & Dermalogica Beauty Bag

My verdict - My main problem with subscriptions like this was the possibility of getting only 1 product I like/would use and 4 that I would never touch. That isn't the case with the October box. Other than the Perfume Samples (which smell OK'ish but I hate the silly little vials), I would use every single item in this box. I love Dermalogica and currently use their Dermal Clay Cleanser, I've never tried their Age Smart range so this is the perfect opportunity.
I swatched the Stila Eyeliner and the colour is just so pretty, different from anything else I have. And of course I'm super happy I got an awesome nail polish with this box :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...