Saturday 20 August 2011

Comparison - China Glaze Electric Pineapple & OPI Fiercely Fiona

I bought these 2 polishes about a week apart. China Glaze Electric Pineapple had been on my wish list for a while but then I came across OPI Fiercely Fiona on sale and got that one too. Only after I had them side by side on my shelf did I realise that in fact, I didn't quite need the two of them...silly me! However, at least I can do a comparison for you guys.


EP, a yellow-lime green creme, is my 3rd polish from the Island Escape Collection. I had read a few reviews on this one, other bloggers found it to be on the thick side and only needed 2 coats for full opacity. I had a different experience with it. Mine was very thin, I had to be extra careful not to flood my cuticles and although I did 2 coats, a 3rd coat was most definitely needed. It was a bit on the streaky side but it does even itself out, especially after a top coat.

FF from the Shrek Forever After Collection, is also a murky lemony yellow but has less of a green cast to it than EP. In my opinion, application on this one was very similar to EP, the formula is quite thin and needed 3 coats for opacity. Having said that, in the world of notoriously bad yellows, this would probably come out on top in terms of application.


So, all in all, they aren't exactly dupes and a lot of polish fanatics would be able to distinguish between the two colours (especially irl), but if they weren't side by side but I would have to look pretty close and still find it hard! I love both colours but for my skin tone I prefer FF. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great comparison. They look similar, but you can tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One looks a little greener than the other-but close enough to not need both!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...