Thursday 18 August 2011

Burt's Bees Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme Review

A couple of weeks ago I got 2 bottles of this little-bit-of-heaven-in-a-tube in the mail as well as some Lemon Butter Cuticle cream (which is standard as I can never run out of this stuff).
I'm not sure if any of you have tried the Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme but I'm totally in love with it at the moment.


Picture courtesy of http://www.burtsbees.com/

I'm all for earth-friendly, natural skin care but I'm often disappointed with these so called "natural/ fresh/ handmade" brands because sadly their products don't work as well as many regular brands - Lush, I'm talking to you (apologies to any Lush fans but none of their products agree with me)!
Needless to say I'm quite impressed with this hand cream. Burt's Bees website says:

"This natural hand cream provides daily therapy for extremely dry hands using some of nature's most moisturizing agents like honey, jojoba oil and rosemary extract. Reveal hands that are naturally soft to the touch, smooth and healthy"

Although I don't have extremely dry and chapped hands as I'm quite good with applying my hand creams liberally, my mum, an avid gardener who doesn't wear gloves a lot of the time, does have dry and cracked hands. I gave her one of my tubes and after 9 days of using this cream everyday, her hands became much softer and some of the cuts she had on her hands have begun to heal.

I also love the consistency of this cream. It's different and interesting, somewhat like a heavy mousse. It's thick enough to deeply moisturise your hands but seeps into the skin really well without that greasy residue. However, I may be slightly biased here because I'm generally a fan of very heavy, thick, nourishing hand creams!

The smell - my mum doesn't like the smell, she says it's too overpowering, then again, she doesn't like honey! Me on the other hand, the fact that it's a natural product with a strong smell is what I like. It smells distinctively of honey (what a shock!!) and even after initial application where smell is stronger, the subtle after-smell is even lovelier.
Burt's Bees have quite a large hand and foot product selection, I'll definitely be wanting to try them out!

A 75g bottle retails for about £9.99. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...