Tuesday 26 June 2012

Citrus Stripes

Today, I've put my scotch tape roll to good use again and have some "nudies" and some diagonal citrusy stripes for you.
Very rarely will you see a glimpse of my natural nails! Too much polish all the time means they are usually very stained and I don't often bother to scrub the staining away when I'm just going to be using more polish that stains the next day! However, I've been trying some very light and soft colours lately so I grabbed some lemon juice and baking soda and got scrubbing and buffing.

The base colour is in fact no colour at all, it's just base coat and for the stripes I used Barry M Lemon Ice Cream and Essence Wake Up, sent to me by the lovely Nihrida.



Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Very nice. Hmm... I have to try it :)

    And I wanna invite you for my giveaway :)

    http://nothingbutbeauty7.blogspot.ie/2012/06/anniversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent! What a nice idea, I'm definitely going to make myself this mani. Only if my nails were longer.... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really pretty and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks stunning... love it simple yet so out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! A subtle bright summer mani :) You know, I had "Wake me Up" in my hands many times but each time I thought it wouldn't look good on me. But next time I'm definitely picking it up, you made it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous, very bright and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo your nails look nice and bright, I need to scrub these nails as well. I shall try a design similar to this :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this a lot! But I'm too lazy for naked nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I wish I could pull of your awesome 'funky french' looks but I think my nails are too stained right now, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really liking the designs I have seen using a natural nail base with tips/designs applied to those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this... Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love this mani! So pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks awesome. I'm jealous of how beautiful your nude nails are looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very brave to show nude nails! Mine are horribly stained and no amount of trying will fix them! This is really a cool mani!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's pretty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...