Monday 11 June 2012

Antique Blue & White China

The ladies from Born Pretty were so kind to send me a few more of their products to try out so today I have a stamping polish review for you guys.

I tried to recreate a blue porcelain pattern. I've seen something similar to this on Pinterest in the past and Fingers also did an awesome one which she has on her header. This is also my mum's favourite pattern. Most of her plates and tea cups are blue and white porcelain and just last week when we went to Ikea, she even bought bed covers with this theme. It's also a very popular pattern in Portugal and people often line the outer walls of their house with blue and white tiles.

The base colour is OPI Alpine Snow, stamped with Born Pretty Blue Stamping Polish and BM221. Also added blue striping tape to the tips.



I was quite surprised at how small the Born Pretty Stamping polish was (see pic below, it's tiny in my hand). I'm not sure why but I was expecting it to be at least 10ml.
Although in the bottle it's a dark blue, it stamps much lighter as you can see. It's perfectly thick and goopy for stamping which I thought was great and although the consistency is not quite like the Konad stamping polishes, I didn't really have any problems with transference. I messed up my pinky a little but that's because I didn't wipe my stamper properly after doing my ring finger.

If you want to purchase Born Pretty Stamping Polishes or any other nail art supplies, you can have 7% off by using my discount code -  VA7J61.

Pin It

21 comments:

  1. That came out really classy! I love it, and the striping tape make it so neat :) A couple of tones darker would have been great, but this shade looks gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems a really nice stamping polish, but how much is in the bottle? This is a lovely mani x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so so pretty :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like real porcelain, beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stamp and colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous mani!
    I love the striping tape, I always wonder how you manage to place them so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous - makes me want to go and find some blue & white china now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so cute! But you're right, that bottle is super tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look you created here. The tiny bottle is like those from the UK from MaxFactor effects. One needs more for stamping because there is a lot of waste usually in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous mani.. love the tape on the tips

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the colour of the blue polish :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my I totally missed this one. What a beauty!
    BTW I Awarded you for the sunshine Award. Take a peek at my blog and find out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this is one gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of the prettiest nails I have ever seen! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...