Monday 19 September 2011

Stargazer - Chrome Silver #232

Stargazer Chrome Silver was all over Ebay and Amazon in the last couple of years (I think it still is). I have heard many good and bad things about it so I wanted to try it out for myself and at £2.50 a pop, why not!

So, in a nutshell, these are the good and bad points for me:

Bottle - Love the mirror shine colour of the bottle but hate the shape! It's super hard to hold when trying not to make your fingers look all frumpy and ugly for the pics.

Application & Formula - I've read reviews where people have had trouble applying this over regular base coat as it drags leaving bald patches. I had no problem with this. It applied evenly over my base coat (CND Stickey) and with 2 thin coats I was left with a complete opaque coverage! It dries like a matte polish - very quickly. Be careful is you have ridges, this polish shows EVERYTHING! Even the slightest piece of dust will be magnified if trapped in this polish!

Colour - Silver metallic foil, like a nice piece of stainless steel, but it's not glittery or glossy as are some other metallics. This one is quite matte with only the slightest bit of shine.

Overall, I think it's quite good for the price! I can't see anything majorly wrong with it. Don't know what all the bad reviews were about! I think a lot of people were expecting it to look exactly like the colour on the bottle!



I then added a coat of Barry M Silver as I wanted to see what it looked like with a high shine to it. I like both looks but obviously the original look is more unique!
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Apparently this is good for stamping with, have you tried it for that? I love the colour, reminds me of robot nails!
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice. I would love some more shine though. But it is more unique as matte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this metallic silver-liked it before the Barry M was added! Such a cool color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colour I like that its a bit more matte and less over the top whilst still being really stunning!

    I just bought some fimo animals inspired by your teddy look recently with the peach stargazer polish- loved the look so much! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! It would be good for New Years. And lol at the reflection of you taking the pictures :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Helly - I haven't tried it for stamping but will sure give it a go. It has to be better than Konad silver, Lol!

    @ My Nail Polish Online & Fingers - I agree, I prefer the matte as it's a more unique silver.

    @ The Other Side of Cool - Nice one! I would love to see what you create with them. I'll be sure to drop by your blog! Loved the clothing part of your Scotland Haul :)

    @ Amanda - Can you see my other hand holding the camera? I've got red nails on that one... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered the Barry M Foil Effects nail polish from Asos the other day, perhaps it will look similar to this Stargazer polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of the Sally Hansen Chromes from back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ ER-Nails - I haven't got the Barry M one yet but would love to see swatches.

    @ KarenD - It does have that "old school" feel to it, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny that I can see you in the bottle :) I think it looks good and a metallic without brush strokes is thumbs up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...