Thursday, 15 September 2011

Accessorize - Aztec Wrapped Pressies

Today I have one of those rock minerals-glass-crystals-foily-duochrome type polishes, in the fashion of Orly Space Cadet and Hard Candy Beetle to show you. It's by Accessorize and it's called Aztec. I picked it up at the airport on my way back from holidays but hadn't yet had a chance to try it out.

This isn't a dupe for Orly or Hard Candy but it still portrays the multi-facet range of colours that we have come to like in these type of polishes. What colours can you see in this one? I mainly saw a sort of army green, plum sort of purple, gold, brown.

You already know about application of polishes like this - not majorly opaque unless you apply 3 coats to even out bald patches.
I don't really like taking pictures in direct sunlight because it can often alter the true colour of the polish but for this one I had to wait for a bit of sun to capture any sort of dimension to the polish! With no sun, they are a b*tch to capture. The duo chrome effect only showed if I angled my hand. 

I wasn't sure what to add to a colour like this, so I just added some tips, played around with some striping tape and added a metal butterfly embellishment. No top coat applied to these:



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. wow I absolutely love how these transformed with the embelishments

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so stunning! such a pretty mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how i love this look! LOVE LOVE this look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adore the packaging, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...