Sunday 27 January 2013

Candy Shop Glitter and Skulls

Last week I had the chance to try out another Born Pretty stamping plate. I believe it's one of the newest additions to their plate collection, it's the QA8 and it sells for $2.99.
This plate consists of five full nail images and three smaller plant/ flower images. The reason I picked this plate was because it has three animal prints (I love animal prints), a checkered pattern which I have wanted for a long time and a skull image which I thought was so cute.

The manicure I put together involves the skull image and I tried to keep it part rock chic and part cute girly. What do you think?

Here you can see all the images the plate has:

Polishes used:
Thumb, middle and pinky - Justy Cosmetics No. 293 and Claire's Candy Shop
Pointer - Barry M Black
Ring - OPI Alpine Snow, stamped with Konad Black Polish

About the plate - If I am comparing to my BM and Cheeky plates, the image size on the QA8 is quite good (apart from that middle cow sort of pattern). They are rounded off as apposed to a full rectangle but I guess that doesn't really matter. 
I've seen some Born Pretty Store plates on other blogs that the image was too small to fit the nails, even on girls who had very short nails, but that isn't the case with this one. They are also etched really well and my stamper picks up all the polish nicely. I have no complaints about this plate thus far (I haven't yet tried the other images).


Get 10% off your Born Pretty Store purchases by using discount code VA7J61.


*Some of the products in this post were sent to me for my honest review. Pin It

18 comments:

  1. I really love this! I always find when I do something different on each nail it just looks silly, but this looks so organised and together! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! It always looks kind of strange to me as well, especially irl! But remember that it always looks better close-up on photo :)

      Delete
  2. i love the candy shop polish! cute deisgn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo super cute! love the colors choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed it was a stamping plate, it looks like a foil/sticker. Gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I guess my stamping is getting better :)

      Delete
  5. pink, skulls and diamonds = perfect combo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Your stamping is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've stamped perfecty!!!!
    I like how the combination of styles and colours looks like!
    So damn' cool ^O^
    Have a great dayyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You absolutely got the girly rock chick balance spot on :). Love this look xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I've been after that Claire's polish for ages and I can't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning - can't say which nail I like best - a fab combination!
    Also would love that claire's polish, I've got a similar one in blue but that one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg so pretty! Love Candy Shop and those skull stamps! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I'm gonna have to purchase that plate now. :) And I'm LOLing so hard at the spam bot comments above me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...