Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Dawn is Broken - Essence Vampire's Love TE

Can I just start by saying: Wow!! This is my first ever Essence nail polish and... Wow!! I'm speechless!! Are all Essence polishes this good? I know Essence isn't a big deal for most bloggers but it's not available at all in the UK and I had always heard amazing things about the formulas and the polishes overall, especially considering it's such a low cost brand. You always want what you can't have huhh?!

I recently went on holiday to Switzerland and had to grab as many Essence polishes as I could. I first saw the Vampire's Collection in one of Nihrida's posts and couldn't help but feel a little sad that I would never get my hands on it... and then by chance, after I had scoured many stores in Bern and Zurich, I walked into a tiny store in Interlaken and saw the entire collection just sitting there on the shelf! I'm sure the locals thought I was nuts!

Onto the pics, here is 2 coats of The Dawn Is Broken. A light gray with silver shimmer and what looks like black micro glitter to me . This is probably the least expected colour of the collection as the other deep red, dark blue and black are pretty standard in a "vampire" theme. Application was a dream, so much so that I didn't even do any clean up. It needs 2 coats for good measure but I was surprised at how pigmented it is with just 1 generous coat. The finish is quite gritty which is actually one of  the things I love about this polish.

I can't wait to try the other colours in this collection.


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is one of the 2 polishes of this collection I didn't get. I wasn't sure about it but you pretty much convinced me! How did you like Switzerland? I'm Swiss and live in Geneva which is very different from the Swiss German cantons. Many foreigners find us a bit cold...I hope my compatriots from the other side of the Rösti border were nice with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Essence! Since I live in Sweden I can't get ahold of it either :/ Next time I go to Germany I will force ppl to take me to a real store and not just Bordershop lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essence too :-) Can't understand why it's not available here in the UK. I don't think we have any brand that is comparable Essence.
    This shade is really pretty btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not all Essence nail polishes are this good, but the Vampire's Love TE ones pretty much rock. =) I'm glad you could find them. If you'll ever be 'dying' over a certain Essence color, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is my favorite from this collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @greeneyespinknails - I loved Switzerland. The nature there is unbelievable. The only thing that put me off is that it's the most expensive country I have ever been to!!! I didn't find the Swiss to be cold, however, a lot of them refused to speak in English. I also have family in the French side and they seem a little different to the german side.

    @Laura - I wonder why they don't bring Essence to the UK! Do you think it's the German or the UK who refuse to import?

    @nihrida - Can't believe how lucky I was with the Vampire collection!! And thanks for offering to swap, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any new Essence collections you show on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an awesome polish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...