Tuesday 21 February 2012

Golden Eye Lagoon

I'm overdoing it with these spring/ summer pastel and milky colours aren't I? It's just that I made a point to at least use some of my lighter colours that have been sitting on the shelf for what seems like forever. So, I have a few swatches and manis in mind to show you.

This is Mavala Lagoon stamped with Barry M Gold Foil and BM212. Although a lot of people use this stamp for their "peacock" nails, it also reminds me of some of the patterns in Indian lace. Oh, and eyes as well! Lol!


Lagoon is a light blue/ green creme with the smallest hint of shimmer. In some light it looks like a pale turquoise but in others it resembles a sort of minty green (see pics below - I painted my nails this morning but only stamped this evening and couldn't capture the same shade!).
It's quite similar to Chanel Nouvelle Vague. From swatches I've seen, Lagoon has a tiny bit more of a green tinge to it but they're close enough for me.

It's a pretty colour, applies well and needs 2 coats for full opacity! The brushes in Mavala are actually quite good for a small bottle. I would say I love this colour, but hey!!! There are very few polish colours I dislike, it just depends on my mood!

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I love that colour!
    And your choice of stamp pattern and colour matched it perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it with and without konad stamping. I think that this nail art is very elegant!

    www.missadelinne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes, Lagoon is a pretty colour even on it's own.

      Delete
  3. gorgeous mani! :D
    It's great how this Barry M works for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! These particular Barry M Foil polishes are really great for stamping!

      Delete
  4. Love the color and the stamping! gorgeous mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAH! THIS IS SO PRETTY! (yes all caps were necessary hahaha)
    I'm going to have to try this out some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihi :) Thanks babe! Yes, have a go and drop me a link :)

      Delete
  6. It totally looked like peacock feathers until you said eyes, now thats all I see:-)
    Very pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Love it LOVE IT!!! I am totally in love with all things peacock, and this is a great spring way to do subtle peacock nails!!
    beautiful nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the stamping and just all over lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, perfect design and perfect execution!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...