Saturday 28 July 2012

Boyish Chic Polka Dots & Bows

Today I have yet another review for you guys - Born Pretty m-59 stamping plate. I find this plate, consisting of cute bows, hearts and snow flakes very versatile, probably because it has some of my favourite images. It's round and the same size as regular Konad or Bundle Monster plates (unlike the m71 which is the only other Born Pretty plate I've tried).

As you'll probably know from my previous review, I have had good experiences with Born Pretty stamping plates although I have purposely chosen small picture plates as opposed to full nail plates to avoid problems with image size and full nail coverage, etc.


The images are well engraved and detailed, thus transfer with ease onto the nail. This plate retails for $2.99 and I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Konad. To purchase this plate or any other items on the Born Pretty online store, you can use my discount code - VA7J61 - to get 7% off.

The base colour for this mani is OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam which I received in a swap. This grey toned muted periwinkle packed with silver glass fleck shimmer was my favourite colour from the Holland Collection. For some reason it looks much more grey'ish than blue on me so I shall have to use 3 coats next time.

I used the polka dot image on the plate and kept with the theme on the remaining nails too. To keep the mani quite soft and subdued, I chose a complementing silver polish - Barry M Silver Foil. I liked the final result of contrasting feminine and masculine qualities - bows and polka dots yet they look boyish and muted!



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I have this BPS plate too and am pleased with the quality :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani looks very cute! I love your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really pretty and yeah, you chose a great color to stamp :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cute *-* I love it!
    I'm thinking about trying that style of polka dots using colours that do not contrast each other! Makes it look so delicate!
    Your nails are very long now, I think it suits you very well :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely I can't wait to have my stamping kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely! Love your color combo. Sweet and yet not to girly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. The colors are so awesome together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...