Dazzle Dry contacted me to review some of their polishes. They own The Dazzle Dry Quick Dry Nail System which they say "revolutionizes nail care by slicing the time it takes for a normal manicure to dry by more than half". They are also 5 free and cruelty free which means none of their products are tested on animals and suitable for Vegans.
Today I will show you a mani I did with one of the colours they sent me as well as the Dazzle Dry 3 Piece Nail System which consists of a Nail prep product, a base coat and a top coat.
I have been wearing this mani for 7 days today because I wanted to test the durability of both the polish and the top coat. So here is the mani and my views on the product:
Dazzle Dry - Petit Four (2 coats), stamped with BM221. Dotted gold glitter is Orly Glitz and Glamour.
What I liked:
- Polish, base coat and top coat are all extremely fast drying, just as they claim. Each coat was dry to the touch within literally a minute and rock hard in less than 5 minutes.
- Top coat has an amazingly thin consistency. This is a positive for me as one of the reasons I don't like SV is because of it's thickness. I think I found my new favourite top coat.So far, I adore it and would gladly spend my money on it.
- Top and base coat work with other polish brands and dry just as fast so you're not limited to using them only with Dazzle Dry polishes.
- The fact they are 5 free and cruelty free.
What I didn't like:
- (this only relates to the polish, NOT the top or base coat) - This particular colour was extremely streaky and chalky to apply. No matter what technique I used to apply it, the streaks were evident. Hopefully it's only this particular colour and the other bottles they sent me will be different. The following picture is 2 coats of Petit Four without a top coat. Look how uneven and streaky it is! For some reason it also dries semi matte:
Judging from this "6 day old" picture, I think it's done pretty well. There is a little tip wear which I get even when I wrap my tips but no major chips other than what you can see on my thumb and pinky.
I don't think this particular polish alone would have such durability. Then again, most polishes wouldn't.
You can purchase Dazzle Dry directly from their US and UK websites. You can also see various swatches and manis on their Facebook page.
*The product(s) featured in this post was sent to me for review.