Saturday 14 April 2012

Holo Snakeskin

This was my first time using nail wraps. I spotted these somewhat holographic snakeskin ones and thought they would be a good place to start!

I've used nail foils before but the ones in rolls. The kind you have to use a base coat and top coat with, wait for them to dry, and transfer the foil onto the nail from the plastic backing. These wrap/ foil stickers weren't a pleasant experience. I must have bought the wrong ones (got these on Ebay for £2.99 so not the best quality) because I have seen other people applying these before and they don't seem to have any trouble with them. In fact, that is the whole point of wearing these! I've got a set of Nail Rock wraps which cost £5.99 so I'm going to give those a go as well to see how they compare.

The glue isn't a problem, they stick very well, however they were extremely difficult to smooth down onto the nail bed. No matter which way I applied them and with the utmost care, they would always leave air bubbles and not smooth down around the nail edges and side walls. Filing off the excess was also really difficult and I didn't manage to do it without roughing up the edges.


Pin It

15 comments:

  1. That is so totally cool and creepy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta, girl!
    Sorry that you had a tough time with them though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks that they were difficult to use but they look great, I LOVE the holo parts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool *-*
    It looks great even with all the difficulties you had to apply :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the application. But that was a really cool and unusual print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For all the problems you had with them they still look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look really cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks very good. I've tried once adding this kind of stickers on my nails. But also ended up a bit disappointed. But I must say, you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...