Sunday 4 March 2012

Mod Aqua - For the love of pastels...

Although it's not very spring-like and it's raining here today, (so I can't use any of my new holo polishes, boooo), I can still wear a pastel and pretend that it's sunny! Sometimes I like rain (especially if I'm snuggling at home) but today is not one of those days :(

Here's Nubar Mod Aqua from their Polished Chic Collection Fall 2011:


It's a dusty and soft pastel blue, much like CG For Audrey but less bright! Why don't I pay that much attention to Nubar? They have some really special and lovely polishes and the price isn't bad compared to OPI and Essie!
I had a little trouble with the formula on this one, mine was rather thin and needed 3 coats for full opacity. It also applied a bit streaky but nothing too major for a pastel! It's still a gorgeous polish!

As you can see, I'm also experimenting with different hand positions for my pics. I need to find one that compliments my nails and the shape of my fingers! I love the hand positions the girls on THIS Brazilian blog have, so I've been trying some of them out!

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. How pretty! It reminds me of China Glaze Kinetic Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shades like this! I want to buy them all haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I haven't tried this brand since I think to get it in the UK you need to order online and I'm not sure of the websites, prices etc. This is a lovely colour though and I like your photo angles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww it's a shame you can't use your holos yet! I can't wait to see pictures of them ;)

    I've tried changing my hand position for my pictures as well, but I couldn't find a better one so my blog's pictures are still the same! But I agree, Loucas por Esmalte shows amazing positions for hand photos! I read that blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you give me your opinion on something?
      I tried making a lightbox for my photos (I actually need a better light source, but I tested using it anyway), and I posted an update with a photo on my blog...
      Could you tell me if you prefer the pictures as they were or the new one?

      :D

      Delete
  5. I love the shape of your nails and this colour look so cool:)
    www.missadelinne.com

    Missadelinne's Fanpage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of For Audrey too. I think I could happily own every polish in this colour because I'm always drawn to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! almost the same color of mermaid's dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour, and I don't think there's any way you can really take unflattering photos! Your nails are too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! Very kind of you to say babe :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...