Sunday 2 October 2011

Illamasqua Purity

Today I have Illamasqua Purity from the Toxic Nature Collection to show you. I got it on sale for £7.50 at Asos.

I was really excited about this polish because it was one of my first Illamasqua polishes and because I absolutely love this light peach creme.

***Rant - I was disappointed with the formula. It was quite thick and goopy which made application a nightmare! I know this isn't a reflection on Illamasqua because I have another one of their polishes, one of their eye shadow pots and an eye/ lip pencil and the quality of their products seem to be consistent. I'm annoyed at Asos as the bottle seems to have been tampered with. There was polish around the outside of the rim and the neck of the bottle when I first opened it which shouldn't be the case. I know it was on sale but £7.50 is still a hefty price for polish! It doesn't even seem like Asos because I have bought many things from them in the past and I've never had a problem! Maybe I was just unlucky with this one. ***Rant over!

Other than all that, as mentioned, I absolutely love this colour. Pigmentation seems to be really good and was completely opaque in 2 coats! The first coat was a bit uneven and streaky which was expected of such a light creme but the second coat sorted that out!



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Bummer about the formula, but at least the color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... the color is gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks about the formula but it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is beautiful! It looks very feminine and delicate. I find it funny that Illamasqua has a polish called "Purity" then polishes called "Load," "Taint," and "Kink" ... haha... dirty Illamasqua!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely color! Hopefully a little bit of thinner takes care of any goopy issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered my first 4 illamasqua and hope I don't get bad formulas!! Can't wait to try them-this color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god that's so pretty! Looks so good on you. Too bad the formula disappointed, maybe try and salvage it with nail polish thinner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color! I haven't tried an Illamasqua polish yet. Are they really as goo as I've heard? You have great taste by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ greeneyespinknails - I only have 2 Illamasqua polishes (and some make-up) and although this one was problematic because the bottle has been opened/ used, IMO they are generally really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...